West Virginia Charleston Mission

West Virginia Charleston Mission

Monday, June 20, 2016

"I wanted to do a backflip and stay on my mission for the rest of eternity."

So, this last week has been a good one! Elder Roberts and I have been having mucho fun. We have been working hard, but of course, the lack of people can be a little bit hindering. 

Some highlights are: 
1. Nicco is a new investigator we have been teaching and he is super awesome. He loves all of the scriptures he reads and loves meeting with us and the Book of Mormon. He also has a testimony of the Word of Wisdom without realizing it, so that's pretty sweet. 

2. Elder Ballard and I went on exchanges and we taught this awesome guy from Ghana named Charles. I have never seen someone be more excited about getting a Book of Mormon, so that was really great.

3. There was a kind of crazy lady outside of the library on Tuesday and she was talking to us and wanted to meet, but I was getting the crazy vibes so I really kinda ignored it as serious and just invited her to the fireside Tuesday night. Turns out, she came and really loved the Restoration pamphlet the other Elders had given her so she wanted to be taught! 

4. Best for last: At the fireside last Tuesday, Brother M (Gui) and his family came!!! So we watched some videos and heard testimonies of the Book of Mormon, and at the end of the fireside, Brother M leaned over to me and said "Now, I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true"!!!!!! I literally had no clue what to say so I asked him, "You know it is true?" and he said "Yeah, of course!" I literally felt the Spirit so strongly in that moment, I wanted to do a backflip and stay on my mission for the rest of eternity. It was literally my favorite moment of my whole mission. 

Now for some cool stuff:

Some homeless guy sang us 4 gospel songs he "wrote himself" considering one of the songs was Amazing Grace. His name was Jonahthan. Like Jonah and Jonathan together. Totally weird.

I saw the best dang car ever. My father will be jealous (even though I told him already). An awesome Porsche 911 turbo convertible. Pictured below! 

Anyways, we've got to go, so I hope you all have a great week and stay safe!

Take Luck,

Elder Goold



No comments:

Post a Comment