West Virginia Charleston Mission

West Virginia Charleston Mission

Monday, March 13, 2017

“I feel like I got hit by a bus”

Well, right now, Elder Webb and I aren't in the best shape. We're both sick. Nothing that should last terribly long, but it's a little rough as of now. We probably wont be emailing for too long. 

We started teaching a couple that were taught previously over in Proctorville, the “T” family. They are really nice and understand all of the doctrine, but don't feel any sort of need to change as of now. Good thing we've been studying and practicing teaching repentance! They also have an adorable Saint Bernard puppy (that outweighs me and is taller than me). We're probably going to try and work in Proctorville more.

So we haven't received confirmation, but we're pretty sure Madi dropped us, or something to that effect. We had invited her to be baptized and she was all for it but she hadn't asked her mom about permission to learn yet and so we think that when she asked her mom she said no and now she's ignoring us. It's pretty sad, but I think we did a good job of planting a seed. She's hopefully still praying on her own!! 

We found another couple, they are students at Marshall here from Africa (more foreigners haha). I would tell their names but I guarantee I would spell them wrong. Anyways, we taught them about the Restoration on Saturday and it went really well. They absolutely loved the Book of Mormon and were pumped to read it!!! And they had awesome accents. Look forward to teaching them more! And they go to a church right around the corner from ours so they wont have to change too much to come to our church :) 

The highlight of the week is Ethan! He is doing really well. We went by to teach him about the Plan of Salvation and he's been reading a lot of the Book of Mormon! He's been praying and while he hasn't received a clear answer, he said everything has just been better overall since he's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying. He said he really feels love when he reads the Book of Mormon and learns about the doctrine we teach! So that's pretty awesome. Sadly he works on Sundays at a job he just got so we're going to work with him to get Sundays off so he can come to church. We invited him to be baptized and he didn't accept it yet because he feels like he's still unsure, but he said he hopes it is and that he'll get the answer! 

I started getting sick on Friday while on an exchange with Elder Kidd in Charleston.  I didn’t think it would be too cold in Charleston but it was freezing!  I feel like I got hit by a bus just enough to bruise me, but not enough to brake anything or kill me, it’s pretty annoying. Elder Webb got sick too so on Sunday we went home after sacrament meeting and stayed inside the rest of the day.

Something I thought was interesting while studying this week was in D&C 4. I read the section heading and I realized that it was revelation given to Joseph Smith Sr.! That really struck me. Obviously it is critical to our work as missionaries to strive to have all of the attributes of Christ mentioned in the section, but becoming is a life-long process. We won't be perfect all at once, but we need to be committed to improvement, because even people later in life (Joseph Smith Sr.) still are striving to do the work of the Lord and live like Christ! It is something all of us can work on in every position of life we are in! 

Hope all is well for you and that none of you are sick!! Next week is transfer week with P-day on Wednesday.   I feel like I’ll leave Huntington, but we’ll see! Love ya!

Take Luck


Elder Goold🤓




I look pretty dumb, but these were our group selfies after exchanges!

I made this new tie last week and it just fit with these glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment