West Virginia Charleston Mission

West Virginia Charleston Mission

Monday, January 16, 2017

"Easy" doesn't get the important things done!

Dear Family, Friends, people who probably don't read these emails, and people who don't get the emails but read the blog:

Bad email titles strike again. Mostly because the week wasn't the most exciting, but that's okay. Some highlights:

Booths at Marshall! We did 2 booths, one Wednesday and one Thursday. Similar to what we did in December, but different topics. We did one about the New Year and one about "Questions you would ask God". It was pretty fun and we talked to a lot of awesome people!! Pictures below

We got to teach one of the people from the booth yesterday actually and it went really well. He's named Dantes (American names) and he's from (wait for it).... CHINA! Haha it made me so happy to teach someone from China again, I love Chinese people. But unlike Wenji Ma from Mo-town, he's younger, not married with a kid and he believes in God! So we taught him about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to pray. He was so shocked when we told him church was free as well as the Book of Mormon and that we work as missionaries for free!! So he's going to bike to church next week! 

The Huntington Zone overall had a super awesome week. Everything's been getting better since Christmas, so that's pretty sweet. We did have one exchange with the Assistants on Tuesday and we did a different kind of exchange where we both went to Charleston and worked there all day. It was cool to go on exchanges with Elder Curtis! We did all the driving and teaching while Elder Webb and Kidd did all the walking and knocking doors in the rain... haha, poor Elders. It was really fun though!! 

So we had our appointment with the "B" family on Thursday...but they all got the flu and strep throat and were unable to meet with us because they were all so sick :( Oh well, at least they are still trying to meet with us!! Keep them in your prayers!!!!

Alicia also fell through because she was called into work last minute. And then yesterday she called and had an interesting phone call that went something like this: "Thank you so much, I absolutely love what you taught me! I've read the pamphlet and I've started reading the Book of Mormon and I love it all! I was just in a really bad time when you knocked on my door that day and ever since you came and I've been reading, everything has been getting better and it’s awesome!!! I really believe God sent you to me to help me! (Awesome right?!?!) So now that everything is good, I'm not really interested in talking too much more. But if things start to get hard again, I believe God will just send you back to help me out again! Bye!" 😐😶😑😥 Yeah, so that was pretty rough. And all of our other people have just been disappearing. Oh well, can only get better I guess! 

There is a quote I really like that President Salisbury sent us this week about "becoming":  

        ◦   "Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound."

It's true, so we just need to be willing to do hard things and improve the world in which we live! "Easy" doesn't get the important things done! Everything in life of any real value is hard to obtain, both temporally and spiritually. 

Hope y'all stay safe and warm! 

Take Luck!

Elder Goold

Our District, Elder Tunell (in the chair), Elder Wasden (left), Elder Webb and I
(I thought we were doing an awkward Olan Mills pose, but I guess not)

Our booth at Marshall University


No comments:

Post a Comment