West Virginia Charleston Mission

West Virginia Charleston Mission

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

'I think I am getting used to the humidity!"

This last week has just been nuts. Hopefully all of you have had a good week! Ours was good, just whack.

So this last week, talking to anyone on the streets has been pointless. As you are all probably aware, Pokémon Go is a huge thing right now and everyone who is walking around this campus is playing it, which is funny, but it makes talking to them much harder. It's nuts!!!! 

So we were able to visit with Paul and we had a really awesome lesson with him! We were able to teach him about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon especially. He really wants to quit smoking as well so we will work on that with him. We'll get to see him in a few days, so that will be great! 

We also got to meet with a new kid named Max and his friend John. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation and then we played a round of Ping-Pong with them and they were so ridiculous at ping-pong, it was crazy.  Another kid we taught was CJ. He is pretty awesome, but funny enough he was only 15!! Never would have guessed, but he is pretty awesome.

I got to go on exchanges with Elder Ballard in Southpark. Elder Roberts and Christensen taught the Mankoto’s during exchanges. Elder Balllard and I got to teach one of their investigators who is doing really well. She's been reading the Book of Mormon a lot lately and is going to be baptized at the beginning of August! 

It has been very very hot here lately, but on the good side I think I am getting used to the humidity! I am also slightly afraid that I may be becoming lactose intolerant. It may be because I ate 5 brownies, so I am banking on that, because I love chocolate too much. 

Other than that, today is kind of sad, Elder Christensen and Kropushek are both leaving!! That means I am the one who has been in this district the longest! I am pretty confident that this will be my last transfer here though. It's really crazy that I have already been here 4.5 months! It's all good though, I still really like it here. Always new stuff to be doing, so it's good!

I hope all of you are having a great week and stay safe! It won't be too long before I email again, have a great week-ish!

Take Luck,

Elder Goold

No comments:

Post a Comment