West Virginia Charleston Mission

West Virginia Charleston Mission

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

“Wouldn't trade it for the world”

Well, a lot of great things happened this last week and a half! We were able to teach some new people! Ben was someone I taught while on exchanges with Elder Scott. Elder Scott and I have been around each other quite a bit, all three transfers (6-week periods) in Huntington, plus I was around him and on exchanges with him while he served in Martin. Then four transfers here in the same district! Elder Scott is an awesome missionary and I'll miss the guy!

Last Tuesday we had dinner with the Franklins! Picture below

Last Friday & this Monday we were also able to see and teach Sydney and her mom Jamie. Sydney is a less active girl here in the branch. Noble Adkins (90 year old LEGENDARY man in the branch) married Sydney's grandmother back about 10-15 years ago. Sydney and her gma both were baptized into the church, but Sydney eventually moved out and fell out of the church. Her mom, Jamie, never learned about the church or anything, but now the two of them are together and we started teaching them with Bro. Adkins. They are super awesome and are very receptive to the Gospel. 

Elder Webb and Bailey got to teach the Wotrings with Brother Franklin . It went really well and they accepted to be baptized! They're preparing to be baptized in October, so keep praying for them! They are great people. They were out of town this weekend for Labor Day, but hopefully they are able to make it to the meeting with Elder Cook this weekend!

We saw Frank for a little bit on Sunday and invited him to the FHE at the church tonight and he gave us some tee shirts for his band (yeah, he's famous 😎). 

We're going to see Tim Moore later tonight, so that will be good! He's been super busy lately, but it will be good to visit with him again. 

Sadly, nobody made it out to church this week. Including the branch presidency! xD All of them were out of town, so Bro. Angus was put in charge of conducting! Testimony meeting was really good though, sad to leave this awesome branch, even if it is only 20 people. 

Exciting news, Elder Webb and I are being reincarnated (not really, but you'll get what I mean). Since we are leaving, we are considered "dying" missionaries, but both Elder Bailey and Elder Scott are training so we are being replaced with brand new missionaries! So it's like we are being born into the new missionaries replacing us. Totally backwards district now, pretty excited for them! 

To all who ever read my emails, I want to briefly share my testimony. I know personally that God is real and He lives. He loves us and knows us by name! He loves us so much, He was willing to give His son Jesus Christ as a sacrifice on behalf of our mistakes. I testify that Jesus really is the Savior of the world, and no matter the circumstances, because of Him, we can be forgiven and receive peace. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true; it is the best book anyone could ever read. Within its pages are light and truth that can and will guide you in the right path and it testifies of Christ. All of these things I know, independent of anything or anyone else, simply because I have felt the unmistakable impressions of the Spirit of God teach me the truth of these things. And the best part is, that anyone in the world can receive this same testimony, as long as they humbly seek the truth for themselves. As taught by Jesus Himself, "the truth shall make you free". 

Thanks all of you for all of the support and love over the last 2 years! I have absolutely loved the experiences I have had here and wouldn't trade it for the world. Hope y'all have a great week and stay safe!!! Peace, love yins!!! Team Jesus all the way!!!!!

Take Luck,


Elder Goold





Brother Noble Adkins and I

Sister Brown and I

Dinner at the Franklin's
It rained a lot this last week, so we got very muddy, as evidenced by my shoes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment